Thursday, January 06, 2005

Ramdom Thoughts and Ramblings of a Pussy Lover

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It's winter time. As expected, my cats have been sleeping longer than the usual. Playtime has been set aside to give way to their extended sleeping hours. I've been watching them in their sleep, observing silently. Boe usually has a certain curl position where she covers her face with one of her paws. She doesn't like the light from my PC monitor when she sleeps(hates it in fact).Pozzy on the otherhand sinks herself right smack her cat couch with her tail touching her face(uses it just like a scarf to keep her warm). Both her front paws extend as far as she could, strething it as comfortable as she can. I love watching them snore away. Every now and then I would run my hand across their backs, petting them gently just like a mother does to a sleeping child in a cold winter night. They would purr to encourage me to pet them more, and I would. It's their way of saying, "Thank you for watching over us."
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

There's this not-so-secret wish I have eversince I adopted them; to actually see them sleep snuggly together(better yet, on my bed). I would be pleased to see them sit side by side enjoying the outdoors while seated on top of the window ledge.

It's a known fact that it takes a longer time for cats to get used to the presence of another cat. I don't know how long this so-called getting to know stage would last between Boe and Pozzy. Maybe another month? Three months? A year? Hell, no one knows. But it's not just about the waiting. It's about hoping for things to get better, and believing that the animosity will cease. In life, we all hate the "waiting" part of things and find it tough to exercise patience in having to wait for something to actually happen. But when we really think about it, there are things in life we certainly cannot rush. We just have to believe that one day, the waiting will end. Just believe, period.

Maybe this winter would draw them to one sleeping spot, curled side by side minus the hisses and paw fights. Maybe this winter will make them seek each others warmth to make it through the many chilly mornings ahead. I shall wait...and believe.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

********
I decided to transfer Pozzy's couch in the living room, right behind my PC chair.She can't stand the winter's chill inside my room(and i can't either). Now she has complete access to me.Funny that she somehow mellowed down a bit when I did that. By this I mean she lessened the attacks on Boeboe and appeared to be more relaxed and secure. Somehow I know the attacks are rooted on jealousy. She hates the attention I give Boeboe*rolleyes* Now that she sleeps where she can see me, she's so much calmer and is less bitchy. I've been giving her tons of attention lately, petting her more than usual. It's good to know that Pozzy has somehow adjusted to the reality that Boe won't go away and no amount of bitchin around would change this fact. I'm glad I moved her sleeping couch in arms length so that during breaks, I could just turn around and pet her(and take pictures too).
Lesson learned:
1. Never isolate the poor thing any longer than necessary.
2. Be fair. Never show the other cat that you favor the other one than her.
3. Spend EQUAL play time.
4. Praise them constantly when they behave well(especially when the day ended WITHOUT a cat fight).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

********

Eversince I moved to a new apartment, I noticed Boeboe's body weight drastically changed. Yes people, Pozzy is right in saying Boe's err,a little overweight(like me hihi).Boe's weight noticeably increased from the time we settled in our new place. And lately,I experienced difficulty in carrying her in my arms. Ang bigat na nya talaga. I expect her vet to freak out the moment she steps on the scale. Kung pwede lang ba sabihin na "Pasko kasi eh, kaya ayan tumaba sya."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I really don't know how this happened. Maybe it was less stressful for Boeboe now. Maybe she's happier in this new place.And please don't think it has something to do with the amount of food I give her. Trust me,she gets the same amount/portion and I've been strict about measurements when it comes to her food.I've never even given her wet food(believed to be more fattening than the dry variety). The good thing is that she became more alert and playful eversince I changed from the regular Science Diet formula to the advanced formulation. I suspect that the new formula tastes much better which explains the increase in visits to her food bowl.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI started to worry when her belly pouch appeared more visible(kung sa tao pa, obvious na ang "bilbil" nya). Whenever she leaps from her couch to the floor, I would hear her struggle with her breathing(Imagine an overweight person jumping, di ba mabilis hingalin at maingay ang paghinga?).Kung dati hindi ko naririnig ang paglalakad nya, ngayon naririnig ko na. In short, she gained weight. When I got her from the pound, she weighed 14 lbs. And now I suspect she weighs around, err 20?( this is a just a conservative estimate).

If Boe we're human, I'd surely look into liposuction(para instant result). I know people will tell me exercise is the key. If there's such a thing as cat gym, I'd get her a membership. I'd even check out the market for a possible cat treadmill. If only there's a cat version of Total Gym, then I'd get her that too. But the question is, does she really want to exercise? Would she really enjoy the process of losing weight and be motivated enough to workout on a daily basis? Hmm, maybe not. Cat's love to sleep. And like human beings, they hate exercise plain and simple.

There must be another way, the so-called "cat-way" of losing weight. This type of concern calls for professional help.Time to call her vet. It's her job to figure out how to bring back my Boe's shapely body. I'm not a vet, therefore I shouldn't be squeezing my brains out trying to find the right solution for her weight problem. Ha! Problem solved*wink*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

********

Yipeee!More good news my friends. I decided to submit the very first blog entry I wrote about Boeboe here at Blogger and fortunately, it got accepted in the journal entry section of the pet site I mentioned on my previous posting. In return, we we're given a one year subscription to Cat Fancy Magazine. Cool isn't it? For those of you who failed to read my first blog entry here, then here's your chance to read it(instead of digging through the archive section of this blog). Here's the link:

http://www.apetsblog.com/pets-journal/pet-adoption.htm

********

I checked out Catster(thanks to the suggestion of a new blog friend Dom)and opened an account for Boe and Pozzy. It is catdom's version of "Friendster". It's fun finding friends for my feline companions. Currently, they both have 100 plus friends since I signed up(and counting).
Check Boe and Pozzy's Profiles here:
Boe:
http://www.catster.com/?104209
Pozzy:
http://www.catster.com/?104230

5 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,My name is Diane and I came across your Blog. I'm right along with you. I LOVE CATS!
I have a total of 187 cats to date and they are an absolute joy. I look forward to seeing more of your cats adventures.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger stargazer said...

Mel, tama ka dun! There are just some things that cannot be rushed.

Ang cute ni Boe! Heehee...

Congrats sa pagkapublish ng iyong blog entry.

*turo sa taas* 187 cats? Whoa...

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://vxebnzfi.com/fjxn/cvcl.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://mcwftzbu.com/revu/shse.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://vxebnzfi.com/fjxn/cvcl.html | http://xqffhkqt.com/gzks/jkip.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home