Sunday, January 16, 2005

Changes

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
You guessed it right. I made the necessary shift from Science Diet Advance to Science Diet Light. I've surfed and read tons of information enough to convince me that this is what's best for Boe. And what perfect timing, Petsmart is having a sale right now so I rushed back to the store and grabbed 2 - 4 lb bags of the Light formula.

Boe should only be limited to 1/2 cup of food a day. If she finishes that half the day, then that's it. No more refills. But I'm surprised that after giving her the Light formula yesterday, the trips to the foodbowl drastically dropped today. Not that it's less palatable but based from the information, this formula keeps her feeling "full" given the high fiber content and more importantly, it's low fat and low calorie food for cats. This way she eats less but still gets the necessary dietary requirement for the day.

I'm so pleased that Boeboe didn't reject her new dry food formulation. I trust in the product guarantee written on the package which confidently state "Great Taste 100% Guaranteed" and the years of research that went into the making of this product. Most cats hate changes in their food but based from Boe's reaction, she didn't even notice the change at all. Being creatures of habit, cats hate any form of change. But being a responsible cat owner entails decision making especially when the changes directly apply to their health. I look forward to a leaner Boeboe in the coming months. Wish us luck!

********
You bet, I have my share of personal changes too. I decided to end that sickening sight of dust building up on my Total Gym...time to utilize my 2 year old investment. Ha! That's right, it's been 2 years since I had this equipment at home but due to umm lets see, sheer laziness?! I haven't really maximized the use of this powerful fitness tool. What better way to go into this thing with a fitness buddy in Boeboe to remind me of the goals we've set for ourselves.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usIt is time to trim away the unsightly flab in my abs for a more muscular, leaner and yes, sexier me. And do take note that this is NOT part of any new year's resolution. I don't believe in that crap. But I do believe in people making things happen and resisting the temptation of putting aside matters of great importance such as health. This means putting an end to a longggg list of my favorite high calorie food stuff(like pizza) and setting aside time for exercise. So wish me (more) luck!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
********
Yipeee! Finally I managed to replace that darn twin size mattress I've been sleeping on for over 3 months now with a brand new twin- sized Simmons mattress. This much needed change has been a long overdue one. I'm tired of waking up feeling like a thousand people kicked me in the back. Trust me, it's that bad.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usHave you ever experienced Thoraco Lumbar pain caused by a worn out bed? It sucks! Imagine sleeping on a mattress with a defective springset. Not only will your neck hurt, your spine would suffer as well. This is why orthopedic doctors recommend orthopedic beds. It's perfect for back related problems and avoiding sleep related pains. I had a tough time looking around for a reasonably priced twin size mattress. I don't want to spend USD 500-700 on a Queen size bed yet so, the next best move is replacing the worn out, hand-me-down twin size mattress that came with the Day bed. Luckily, Costco decided to sell twin size beds this season. I've been shopping there for 3 years and this is the first time they sold twin size mattresses. What perfect timing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Thank heavens for the pleasant sleep this weekend. What a difference really. Oh and the cats love the new mattress too! It's a good thing I have my camera phone beside me to capture this fun moment. For the first time, Boeboe and Pozzy peacefully leaped in my bed to sleep minus the fight. I'm covered with the red flat sheet while my two babies peacefully snore away.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

5 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Blogger Thess said...

Glad that Boe didn't reject the new diet, she's easier than my youngest ferret who is so picky! You are indeed a very responsible cat owner and your cats are so blessed to have you.

Oh, I want that total gym too. I am saving up for it and I really want one in my computer room. I'm kinda tossing between the total gym and a cross trainer but I figured, total gym gives more results than the trainer, dont you agree?

btw, thank you for leaving me a message...Danielle is a fighter which I am proud of, she's showing a little improvement, but it's still a long way to recovery.

Hugs to you and all your felines :-)

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Cool idea! I like cats but can't have them, so maybe some virtual substitutes...

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://lggzlflz.com/muxm/pktu.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://naywpzxg.com/flcu/edmo.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://lggzlflz.com/muxm/pktu.html | http://anxtgwiy.com/vzqg/epqs.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home